Your Dongle ID
Updating a Wibu Codemeter Dongle
An internet connection is required:
- Remove any other Wibu dongles from the computer, e.g. EnCase, FTK.
- Insert your Forensic Explorer Wibu CodeMeter dongle.
- Run the GetData LicenseManager.exe (located in the FEX install folder or download LicenseManger.exe here).
» To Apply a New License to a Blank Dongle
- With your Forensic Explorer dongle inserted and visible in the left hand Dongles column of the License Manager, click the ADD button.
- In the Search window, enter the license key, in the format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX and click the Search button (the License Manager uses port 443 to connect with the activation server).
- The License Manager will then communicate with the GetData activation server to locate your license. Available licenses will be listed.
- Selected the required license from the list and click the Apply button.
- The License Manager will now communicate with the dongle and write the license to it. The Debug Log will report the status.
- Returning to the License Manager main screen, you should now see your license listed.
- Adding a Forensic Explorer (FEX) key will automatically add Mount Image Pro (MIP) and Forensic Image Converter (FIC).
- Adding a Forensic Explorer license will automatically add a Mount Image Pro license to the dongle.
» Extend Maintenance
- DO NOT DELETE existing licenses from the dongle. Maintenance is added to the dongle.
- A maintenance renewal has a separate license key sent at the time of purchase.
In the License Manager GUI:
- In the left column (Dongles tab) click on the picture of the Wibu Dongle (identified by the serial number).
- Click the Add button to open the Search window.
- Search for the maintenance renewal license key. The 'Available' licenses should be 1 or more.
- Click the Apply button to write the new maintenance date to the dongle.
- The updated dongle maintenance date should now be shown in the License Manager main screen.
Adding a Forensic Explorer (FEX) key will automatically update Mount Image Pro (MIP) and Forensic Image Converter (FIC) licenses.
» Other Resources